Coronavirus Important Information
At Shiepis Clinic of Chiropractic, your health is always our number one priority.
As we continue to provide care to our patients, we have implemented measures to increase the cleaning and sanitizing practices in our office, which includes all treatment surfaces, common areas and frequently touched surfaces like door knobs, sign in areas, etc.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
SHORTNESS OF BREATH
You should refrain from coming into the office, limit your exposure to other people, and reach out to your primary care physician/local emergency department to determine your risk level and next steps.
It is estimated by epidemiologists that a large majority of those in the US could become exposed to the coronavirus. However, it is important to understand that it will nor affect all individuals the same. For the majority of individuals, contracting the virus is expected to be similar to coming down with a cold or flu virus, followed by recovery. Symptoms for many will be mild to moderate. However, for individuals of advanced age, with complicating conditions or challenged immunities, it could cause more severe sickness or possible death.
Measures taken by state and local officials have been based on emerging information as well as trends experienced in other areas that have already been exposed. In Ohio, the coronavirus is expected to peak in exposure and confirmed cases sometime in April. Cancellation of school and other events, and restrictions on gathering sizes, have all been done in an attempt to reduce the number of people that will become sick and reduce the strain on the healthcare system so that resources are available to those who need it.
In these unprecedented times of uncertainty, what can you do to improve your health and reduce the risk for you and your family? Here are some suggestions that we recommend:
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat healthy, nutrient rich foods
- Get plenty of rest/sleep
- Take daily vitamins, including those that are known to support your immune system
- Incorporate daily physical activity and stress reduction techniques like meditation into your routine
- Get fresh air. As the weather changes, open windows and get outside as much as possible
- Get adjusted
- Avoid large crowds and people exhibiting signs of fever and cough
- If you don’t feel well, stay home and limit your interactions with other people
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth unless you are certain your hands are clean
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow
- Don’t panic. Stay informed with accurate information.
If updated information changes the way that we are able to deliver care, we will let you know. Otherwise, the doctors and staff at Shiepis Clinic of Chiropractic remain committed to serving you.