The holiday season is approaching fast and with its presence, it often brings unwelcome guests , added stress and depression.. The holidays present a busy array of demands such as shopping, baking, cleaning and entertaining, to name just a few.
But with some practical tips, you can minimize the stress that accompanies the holidays. You may even end up enjoying the holidays more than you thought you would.
• Always remember not to abandon healthy habits – Don’t let the holidays become a free-for-all. Overindulgence only adds to your stress and guilt.
Try these suggestions:
• Have a healthy snack before holiday parties so that you don’t go overboard on sweets, cheese or drinks. Drink a glass of water before consuming meals to help your body to digest your foods better and make you feel fuller so you don’t over indulge.
• Get plenty of sleep.
• Incorporate regular physical activity into each day. Try parking a little farther away from the entrance of stores, forcing additional steps and activity.
• Take a breather. Make some time for yourself. Spending just 15 minutes alone, without distractions, may refresh you enough to handle everything you need to do. Find something that reduces stress by clearing your mind, slowing your breathing and restoring inner calm.
Some options may include:
• Taking a walk at night, looking at light displays and stargazing.
• Listening to soothing music or relaxing by the warm glow of a fireplace
• Getting a massage.
• Visit your Chiropractor. Stress reeks havoc on your body causing tense, aching muscles, pain, and decreased in your immune system. Chiropractic is powerful and is great to deal with the negative effects of stress on the body. Getting adjusted regularly can balance the nervous system, boost the immune system, promote lymph drainage and strengthen the lungs and other organs. It also helps eliminate and excrete toxins that can make us unhealthy. Chiropractic can also help fight ear infections, sinus infections and many other illnesses that occur more often in the winter months. Use it to prevent and treat many conditions so that you can stay healthy this year.
• maintain proper nutrition and take nutritional supplements to support your adrenal glands and body’s immunity
The adrenal glands are the stress organs of the body and are found on top of the kidneys. They are responsible for the “Fight or Flight” response and produce 2 major stress hormones, cortisol and adrenaline. In a time of stress, cortisol is released to increased blood sugar, suppress the immune system, and aid in fat, protein, and carbohydrate metabolism. All of these responses are to help in serious situations to focus and have energy in order to survive the event. However, over a long period of time, can become harmful to our overall health. Adrenaline is also released in higher amounts during stress. It’s function is to increase the heart rate, constrict blood vessels, and dilate airways, in order to prepare the body for fight or flight. Both of these hormones are needed in our bodies for everyday processes, however, when secreted in excessive amounts over a period of time (in event of stress), they can cause damage to our internal organs. When our adrenal glands become tired and over worked, it can cause a wide array of symptoms such as fatigue, muscle ache, brain fog, high blood pressure, insomnia, headaches, constipation, diarrhea, and much more.
We can support our Adrenal glands and help our bodies fight stress with The Standard Process Stress Pack. This is a combination of three supplements that work together to help support our bodies to combat stress. This kit includes Adrenal Complex, Echinacea Premium, and Rhodiola & Ginseng Complex or Rhodiola & Schisandra (depending on your age). Standard Process has the best quality products around. The company has been around for more than 75 years and has it’s own farmland in which they grow, cultivate, and produce their products. Their products do not contain any chemicals or synthesized vitamins, just simply whole foods for the whole body.
• works to restore adrenal function and reduce effects of stress on the body
• supports adrenal health and energy production and combats fatigue
• helps the body to adapt to the daily challenges of life
• Promotes body’s normal resistance function
• supports a healthy immune system
Rhodiola & Ginseng Complex:
• enhances mental clarity
• promotes vitality and stamina
• supports physical endurance
• maintains a feeling of general well-being
• supports and maintains the body as it ages
• supports body’s natural defense
Rhodiola & Schisandra:
• maintains a feeling of well-being
• assists body to adapt to changes in everyday life
• supports body’s natural defense against emotional and environmental stress
• supports healthy liver and nervous tissue
• supports cognitive function
• maintains proper energy and support
• maintains emotional balance
• works as a tonic to benefit the entire body
• enhances immune system function
• supports healthy immune system response following stress, sudden changes in weather and temperature
• supports and promotes healthy white blood cells
• encourages healthy upper respiratory tissue, throat tissue, and lymphatic system function
Stress pack – Over age 50: Stress pack – under age 50:
Echinacea Premium Echinacea Premium
Adrenal Complex Adrenal Complex
Rhodiola & Ginseng Rhodiola & Schisandra